Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Fall Trail Ride



Crunch, crunch, crunch, leaves rustle under me as I ride quietly through the woods. I love this time of year. Fall is the perfect season for me. Not to hot, not to cold, and no bugs well hardly any I have to add as a fly lands on my nose.

My pony stops to lift her head as a deer flits gracefully over a stone wall and out of sight. It is so wonderful to be able to ride. it is one of the most amazing feelings.

I think to myself of the many things horses have taught me in the nine years I have ridden them. They have taught me patience and trust,they have given me confidence, but they always keep me humble. i smile when I think of the times when I was feeling full of myself and got bucked off. They are very humorous and they make me laugh. They have been some of my best teachers. I guess I really am horse crazy.

My pony nickers and it brings me back to the present and out of my memories. i realize that we are almost home. I reach down and give my pony a hug. There is nothing like a good trail ride. "I love you sweet pony" I whisper. These are the moments I will remember forever.

No comments: